Thursday, August 21, 2014

Strike one and you're out

04.15.2014

It's your birthday tomorrow and despite how busy I was in the office, I managed to think of a way on how I will surprise you.

And then the phone rang; it's your number but I didn't answer because I was busy talking to a client.

The phone continues to ring but still, I didn't answer so I left a message to you. You told me to call you, so I did when I had the time.

You asked me the question I always thought  you'd ask. Yes, I admitted that I did the deed, but when you accused me of something I didn't do, that's a different story.

You  let me explain, if that's what you call it. But the circumstance was perilous, and I know you already had your conclusion long before I made an explanation. You shut the phone and I talk to the dying sound of the telephone. Minutes later, I received several texts I wished I did not bother to read. I wanted to succumb somewhere but alas, I failed.

I cried a lot, yes. Because I thought you'd understand.

I cried a lot, because of how disappointed I am to myself, that I wished I did not let my prevailing mood control myself for committing that mistake.

I cried, a lot, because of how you charged me of something I did not do.

And I still cry every time I think of you because you were the only person I had when everyone did not seem to care.

No comments: