Monday, October 12, 2009

3 weeks after

I haven't been blogging for the few weeks so, I'll be summarizing the things that happened in those three weeks that my blog was on hiatus.

September 25th:
Had the annual Commerce Week Parade! The Commerce Student Council had a contest for the best float and the best gimmick and well, we wanted our class to be different with other classes so we decided to have a theme of 70's. We had to dress as if we're in our parent's time. Luckily, I was able to justify it with my block mate's bangles (is that how you call it 'cause seriously, accessories are not my thing.) and with some thick hairband and some bracelets and of course, leggings. The parade was dull at first because we weren't able to reserve a spot for our class. Since we see that almost classes have their respective floats, one of our block mates pulled out his car and drove around the campus to serve as our float. We all want the Best Gimmick Award so one of our block mates, too, have thought of an idea. We crazy danced from Dapitan all the way to EspaƱa, going back from Dapitan. It was all fun and super hot because of the sun and yeah, I did lose some calories just by walking around the campus! At the end, the parade was success and have I said it was really fun?

And, it's Mom's 4th death anniversary. I miss her so much. :'(

September 26th:
Early in the morning (if it was really morning) I was already staring at my phone, waiting to vibrate--indication of a text message or call, to inform me that classes are suspended. Unfortunately, my block mates were also asking me if there's classes and obviously, the word I DON'T REALLY KNOW is always my answer. I already ate my breakfast, took a bath, and perhaps everything that could kill the time but no announcement was made. I finally decided to go to school with my dying shoes and bag and brought a pair of slippers with me. It was already raining hard when I got there and only a few of us were there. The rain never stopped at that time. We were all waiting for the announcement and after few hours, the sweet sound of a man's voice on the speaker has finally heard. We didn't wait for him to finish because we're all yelling and rejoicing that classes are suspended. I called up Dad to fetch me. Conikka, Sabrina, and Tiffany were with me to accompany them to there cribs. Unfortunately, we got stranded at UST and we even thought that we were the only commerce students who were in the campus. We waited for the flood and the rain to stop but it won't. Our phone's battery also died after ours of contacting our parents on what's happening. Thankfully, a professor who's also in the building that we were staying told us that we are welcome to their office in case we have no place to stay. We crashed the professor's office, all 6 of us (including the driver and the maid), but the 4 of us stayed in another rooms with a small conference table and endless laughter and kilig moments of each of us has shared. Although we didn't have enough food since we were separated in the stranded student (AAAAH. LONG STORY!), we were still happy for we have rekindled our friendship. We got home on the morning of 27th with hungry stomachs but happy. :] Aaaaah! We're already certified Thomasians just in 4 months of staying there! :)))

September 30th:
Since I knew the feeling of being stranded and have no food to satisfy my hunger, I decided to volunteer in our school's relief operations. It's the only way to thank God that I have survived on that memorable Saturday. I have seen some of my batch mates. It was like a reunion! It was a busy and at the same time, fulfilling day for us 'cause have helped the unfortunate people in simplest way. :]

2 comments:

Glenda said...

thanks for the late update. i had fun reading tho. and oh, my prayers are with you all esp. to all the victims of the typhoons. be safe dear.

divina said...

Thanks, ate Glenda! :] Be safe!:)