Saturday, December 26, 2009

"Achi B, 'di ba kapatid mo si Mommy? Eh bakit 'di ka nakiki-interact sa kanila sa baba?"

"A, e... tara na, kuha na tayo ng ice cream mo, okay?"

Those were the only words I have said to my 9 year-old (or was she 10?) niece when she suddenly asked that question yesterday at the Christmas gathering here at home.

To be honest, I was not prepared to answer those kind of question since they are too young to fathom the situation I am in with my family, or 'the' family.

To be honest, I am scared to death to answer her question since she's only a kid. And we all know that kids love to ask older people for a lot of stuff, right? I do not want her to be confused once I've uttered those words that I feel pressured and well, 'belittled' (or at least I think that they do) by some of them.

To be honest, I just hate the feeling of being belittled, although they do not show it literally.

To be honest, I hate myself for being painfully shy to them when I am completely the opposite with other people.

And to be honest, I am scared to be interrogated with the same question again.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I go through the same situation sometimes :/

BrickHead said...

keep smiling

N. said...

I may not have the same situation you're going through right now, but I think all plights are the same, it just depends on how we handle it. What matters the most is the upshot anyway. "Have you tried your best?", "have you kept your faith?"

Goes to show we're different from other people. We're.. stronger! :D

Hihi. Tamana na, nireregla na ilong ko! :))