Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A confession


It was a very fine morning of April 10th until my Aunt woke me up to tell that my relatives from Mom's side suddenly visited us. Of course, I have no choice but to face them since it's been a long time since I've seen them. And the never-ending question pops out and I wished to come back to sleep again.
"Ano hija, may boypren ka na ba?"
"Wala po,"
"Pero may nanliligaw ba?"
"Wala rin po, hehe (sarcastically but not obvious, I think)"

And the cycle lives 'til today. I can be a voice recorder saying those words again and again, and again if they would ask me the same question again next time. Or! I can write "No, I still don't have a boyfriend or any suitors." on my forehead. D'you think any of those two would work?

In my almost 18 years of existence, I would have to confess that I do not have boyfriend, nor any suitors, NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth), for short. How unfortunate, I know. And I get frustrated deep, deep inside every time they would ask me the same question again and again. I must admit that I'm already worried why on earth still don't I have a boyfriend especially now that I am turning a year older in few months' time. I sometimes begin to ask myself what is wrong with me: "Is it my childish-like behavior? My size? What?" One night, I even think all of my friends that I could possibly think of who doesn't have a boyfriend or has not courted and I have concluded that I am the only one who has not been done of any of those deeds.

Not that I am desperate to have one as much as I sound like I am right now (okay, maybe I really am), but seriously, I am so worried with my self as of the moment. I am scared to death that I might end up an old maid or something like my grandma (Mom's aunt) and living alone in her home and only her niece is taking care of her. It's... tragic. You know the feeling of finding Mr. Right but ended up being single all your life? Perhaps Grandma feels like that now, or at least I feel it for her.

"As in wala pa ba talagang naliligaw ng landas sa'yo?"
"Wala po talaga."
"Nyaaaaak! Ano ba naman 'yang lab layp mo!"
"HEHEHE. (PLEASE DON'T RUB IT IN.)"
"E siguro naman may nagkaka-crush sa'yo pero 'di lang sila umaamin, di ba?"
"Hai, sana nga. Sana nga."

2 comments:

N. said...

I know the feeling. You know how you watch korean novelas, or anything that falls into that category, and then in the middle of watching it, your heart suddenly felt a spasm of this inexplicable feeling, questioning yourself why on earth your prince charming isn't here yet?!


haaaaaaaay. Frankly, I get a little bit impatient at times seeing couples in every corner, but i think if it's not yet the right time, then we should probably wait.

BrickHead said...

its not about your size nor your childish behavior..may mga bagay na natraffic lang tlga un lalake.. Hindi seryoso,, its not the end of the world.. bata ka pa.. at wag ka magisip ng negative.. madami kang traits na macoconsider na asset or a good catch ika nga.. di pa lang napapansin ng mga lalake sa tabi tabi..ang pagkakaroon ng partner ay hindi hinahanap.. o sige aminado ako may point sa buahy ko na hinanap ko tlga magkaroon ng partner pero nun andun na hindi ako naging masaya, hannggang out of the blue nakilala ko si mikki.. so aun.. hehe.. dahan dahan lng ineng..