Friday, June 11, 2010

When I was 16...

I was starting to watch this series called "Pretty Little Liars" where one of their friends suddenly got lost while hanging out with her friends. A year later, she's still missing and she could have been 16 years old by now. I felt a sudden urge to tell myself, "Wow, you're getting... old." Then I started to reminisce.

Back when I was in that age, 16 sure was not sweet. I'm in my senior year; like other seniors, I was preparing for my college entrance exams. I'll always feel giddy whenever our guidance counselor would hand our college applications. Then there goes the time that I'll pen down the course I would pursue for the future and hand it back to out counselor. Months later, I'll find out that I failed one of the two universities that I've dreamed of going to. But thankfully, I passed the one and only university that I've applied--UST. There also goes my first and last report card failure. It never occurred to me that I'll fail that Physics crap since it's high school--just show some effort and they'll pass you Unfortunately, the effort wasn't good enough. I tried my real best on the next term and passed it and cried because of happiness. There's our seniors' retreat, too. Let's just say that we cried our hearts out and I suppose we became closer. And of course, the graduation. I guessed it myself that we'll once again cry because we'll be going to separated from each other but no. In fact, majority of our batch goes to UST and some of my batch mates goes to department that I belong now. We also promised each other that we'll keep in touch after graduation but some promises are meant to be broken. Disappointed, but I guess God has His purpose to us.

And of course, when I was 16, I had my first love. But I'm still not quite sure about this until now though. But if it really was love, perhaps it was stupid love.

1 comment:

N. said...

hay memories nga naman :/