Friday, September 17, 2010

"...E nattempt akong mag-Starbucks so niyaya ko yung ka-dorm ko."
"Ha? E 'di ba nasa Dapitan pa 'yung Starbucks?! Tapos nasa P. Noval pa kaya kayo. Actually halos EspaƱa na nga e! Ang layo kaya noon!"

"E sabi nga nila, 'no pain, no gain.'"

That was a conversation my seat mate had told me last week while he was sharing what happened to him that night.

Like I said in my previous posts, I have been contemplating with what am I doing with my life lately and I think that phrase is just what I needed to sum up my life, my college life--I haven't been sacrificing something in order to get what I want, like in Economics' opportunity cost. And like in Kelly Clarkson's Because Of You, "I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt," and I have been living like that since college. I have been a coward.

Now that I have realized my dilemma, I will make a promise to my self that I will be active in at least one organization next year.

But I hope I will remember writing this post in the next few months.

No comments: